Above you see a flower arrangement I made a year ago under the old iron nail factory. The branch I painted black is dry pine, about the other one I’m not sure. The other branch doesn’t look very piney to me, but would I’ve been liberal enough to mix two different types of tree. I can’t remember. Those yellow tulips I do remember. I found them in a discount flower bucket in a nearby supermarket. They had seen their best before date some time ago, and I turned the petals outwards so that they don’t really look like tulips. The little bit of purple behind the tulips is alstoemeria. Those white glass containers are lamp shades I bought from a trift store.
Here is another picture from the cave. Almost same ingredients as in the first picture. This time no alstroemeria, but carnations. I’ve used small carnations a lot, just because they are always available in supermarkets. And those natural grey twigs are actually from an old rose bush.
And, for now, here is the last picture from the cave. Again painted pine branches. Do they look black to you? Because they were dark grey, and I painted the table board with same dark grey color as well. The white round object is table board as well, and served a long time as my kitchen table. Originally found from trash, painted purple and then repainted again for arty purposes. In here I added some glass candle trays and a paper ball. Just a hint of green in the birch twigs.
In December 2015 I painted some pine twigs with some sort of red for tearoom Teeleidi in Jyväskylä. Here is something red under construction in my home.
And here are some branches I saved from Teeleidi when cleaning away the flower arrangements.
Now, something bit more colorful from November and December 2016. And how come, it’s pine branches again. Like in every picture in this post. First, painted pine branches and chrysanthemums. I also use small chrysanthemums a lot, because they are almost always available in supermarkets.
Those ring shaped things in the picture below I made from cardboard, cotton yarn and PP yarn.
For time being this blog is bilingual: 50 percent in English and 50 percent in Finnish. So, the next post will be in Finnish.